putty 설정파일 백업하기 Backing up Putty Configuration > 추천 프로그램 다운로드

본문 바로가기

여기등록된 프로그램들은 해당 개발자에게 저작권이 있습니다. 공개/개인용/상용 여부를 확인하고 사용하세요.
검색취소

putty 설정파일 백업하기 Backing up Putty Configuration

검색 다음 목록

본문

Backing up Putty Configuration

Being in Networking and dealing with Cisco gears on a daily basis requires the use of a terminal application in order to configure and manage your devices. I’ve used both SecureCRT and Putty but I find myself using Putty a whole lot more. It’s a small application that doesn’t even require an install before you can use it. You simply download and run it. It’s also freeware which is an added bonus.

Due to the number of problems I’ve had with Windows and my laptop, I found myself having to reload quite a number of times. Each time resulting in me losing all my device profiles I had configured and saved in Putty. Because of how the program is written there is no configuration file(that I know of) that I can save and then import whenever I do a new install.  This totally sucked, as I was able to backup my configs using SecureCRT. Doing some research led me to this article that showed exactly how to export/import your configurations in Putty. To avoid me having to google around again for such an article just in case I need it in the future, I’ve decided to simply make a copy of the steps required here for my convenience. All credit goes to the author of the article mentioned above for writing such a detailed post on the how to accomplish this.

Steps:

1. Open Regedit.
  2. Look for “SimonTatham” by using the find option (ctrl f).
  3. Export the reg file by clicking Export from the File Menu.
  4. Choose the path to store the registry key and hit enter.
  5. To import the settings in a new Desktop simply copy the registry key to that system and double click to apply the registry setting. At this stage you simply download Putty on the new system and run it, you will notice that all your devices are already populated in the list.

This will definitely benefit me in the future and hopefully those of you who aren’t yet aware of how to backup your configs.

추천 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

검색취소

추천 프로그램 다운로드

검색
  • sata 하드용 Ghost2003(고스트) 부팅파일
  • sata 하드용 Ghost2003(고스트) 부팅파일

2007년 10월 9일 화요일 한글날예전 하드디스크가 IDE 타입일때 보통 ghost 를 이용해서 어렵잖게 복원시키곤했었습니다. 그리고, 지인의 컴퓨터를 가끔....만들어줄때는 항상 고스트 파일을 만들어서 하드디스크…

• 강력한 손글씨 프로그램 Sketch & Paint
  • 강력한 손글씨 프로그램 Sketch & Paint

정말 예쁜 손글씨 프로그램 입니다. 다운받아가세요^^2010/06/19 18:35 / 여러가지.. 안녕하세요?하루야띠입니다,,ㅎ이번엔 정말 예쁜 손글씨프로그램을 얻어왔습니다,, 직접사용해보니 정말 좋더군요,, ---…

• CPU-Z 포터블 버전 다운로드
  • CPU-Z 포터블 버전 다운로드

cpu-z v1.56 다운로드 자료를 올립니다. cpu-z v1.56 은 최신버전의 CPU 정보를 확인하는 툴입니다. 지금은 cpu-z 와 예전의 그래픽카드 정보를 확인하던 gpu-z 가 합쳐져서 지금은 cpu-z …

?>